Registration for the 2018 UCI Jingle Cross Cyclo-cross Festival is now open at BikeReg.com. The all new Gravel Grinder Race registration is also open. World Cup VIP passes, souvenirs, and Amateur Team Tent space which incudes parking can be reserved through the merchandise section.
The best cyclists from around the world and cycling’s international governing body, the UCI (Union Cycliste Internationale), have voted the Jingle Cross - Iowa City World Cup as the top event of the global series. Jingle Cross topped eight other races which were already selected as World Cups because they were considered the top events in the world.
With a Jingle Cross Championship Jersey by Champion System up for grabs in every USACycling category, Jingle Cross registration opens July 1st at Bikereg.com
Try out these special events!
- Jingle Cross Gravel Grinder will be a timed event this year. Ride as a RACE or at a leisure pace!
- Cyclo-cross Relay Race (4 riders per team with men, women, and coed divisions): Automatic points towards Champions Jersey
- Northtowne Cycle and Fitness Krumpit Klimb: The steepest part of Mt. Krumpit with awards and swag to the top finishers. Automatic points towards Champions Jersey
- Doggy Cross - a fun obstacle course with your pet. YOU do the obstacles, NOT your furry friend (Free Entry)
- Grinch's Kids Race (Free Entry but you MUST pre-register, limit 100 kids)
- MidwestOne Bank Single Speed Speedo Spectacular (Free Entry)
The Jingle Cross Gravel Grinder has undergone a major overhaul and restructured into a scenic gravel race through Iowa Amish Country September 29th. Registration open July 1st!
Jingle Cross organizers are excited to announce that for the third consecutive year, it will be hosting a round of the Telenet UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup. Held on September 28th-30th, 2018, in Iowa City, Iowa, Jingle Cross will be the second stop in the series following the opening round in Waterloo, Wisconsin. Known for its challenging course, fun atmosphere, amateur racing and local hospitality, Jingle Cross again aims to be the highlight of the World Cup season.
What is the UCI Cyclo-Cross World Cup?
The Telenet UCI Cyclo-Cross World Cup is a 9 race series in locations all over the World. It is the highest level of bike racing similar to Major League Baseball's World Series. Iowa City has been the host of three UCI Cyclo-cross World Cups...more than any other North American city. The Jingle Cross - Iowa City World Cup had 11.71 million television viewers last year, nearly 20 times the Iowa Hawkeyes home game had on the same weekend! We were also voted the #1 World Cup of the 2017/2018 season by the athletes and officials from the UCI.
Organizers of the Telenet UCI Cyclo-Cross World Cup - Jingle Cross/Iowa City announced the details of the Shive-Hattery VIP Experience today. Race Director John Meehan, VIP director Rick Hopson, and Josh Schamberger from the Iowa City-Coralville Convention and Visitors Bureau have teamed up to create a special package for our VIP's